Get Involved in Our Community
Itching to be involved in our Klahanie community? Want to contribute to our website, the seasonal newsletter, or our email updates sent to klahanie subscribers? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Eager to organize a community group or an event/activity? Here are some ideas:
- Kids Activities – organize a group to plan for kids activities, crafts or holiday events
- Parent & Tots – get together with Klahanie parents & tots for daytime activities
- Social Events- plan neighbourhood events (BBQ/potluck, holiday wine & cheese, garage sale etc)
- Seniors Events – meet other seniors in our community through organized social activities
- Fundraising Events – organize a community fundraiser for a local charity
If you love to socialize and organize events – why not start a social committee? Our community has so much potential! We have a great gathering place at the Canoe Club. To plan an event, we’ve provided simple steps to help you get started:
Step 1. Pick a venue
If you’d like to use the Canoe Club for your event, you’ll need to fill out and submit the Community Application Form. Approval is required for use of Canoe Club common area/facilities – and note: the room rental fees apply only to private events - if the event is open to the Klahanie community, the rental fee is no applicable. Email completed application for approval – to Gateway Property, attn: Sarah Kibugi email@example.com.
Step 2. Create a flyer
Advertise your event and make copies to post around the community. Provide an email for questions people may have about the event. Depending on type of event, you may want to request RSVP’s prior to the event date.
Step 3. Notify the website volunteers
Send copy of flyer to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will attach your flyer to our email info updates and ask residents to post on their building bulletin boards. Best to do this 2-3 weeks prior to event date.
Step 4: Post on our Klahanie Facebook group
Join the Facebook group here and the post the info.
Step 5: Enjoy your event!